Traditional IT (Information Technology) practises are outdated, slow, costly and at many times, painfully frustrating. We understand that this is how you have been accustomed to running your company’s software and applications, but there is a better way.
If you are interested in:
- lowering TCO (total cost of ownership)
- Increasing ROI (return on investment)
- Running a faster, smoother business
Than integrating cloud based solutions into your business and moving away from on-premise solutions is exactly what you need.
Here are the top 5 ways that traditional IT and on-premise solutions are slowing your business down and how cloud based solutions are allowing business units globally to accomplish more in less time.
Your IT Is Behind The Curve
Not only is moving on-premise solutions to the cloud proving to be a faster, better service, but it is also changing companies business models for the better. Many organizations are becoming more innovative and experiencing positive growth due to the free time and money that was once a sunken cost into the IT department. Research is continually showing that businesses on the cloud are getting ahead of the curve and exploring new avenues in their company that had previously gone untouched, or unthought-of.
Integrating cloud services into your business model will:
- Save the time and money you’ve been sinking into IT and allocate it towards innovating and exploring new avenues your company
- Make it easier to harness the power of big data
- Help you gain key analytics and insights into the market you are pursuing
- Remotely connect to your business applications from wherever you are
- Make key line of business movements and decisions remotely and in real-time
- Allow you to scale up or down without incurring large infrastructure costs
- Make you a more environmentally conscious business by only using the energy that is essential to run your solutions.
Can you afford to be 8-12 months behind your competitors?
For IBM specific cloud solutions and other major vendors, new features and updates are made available on the cloud first, with the on-premise counterparts having a lag of 8 to 12 months.
Your IT Is Impeding Your Lines Of Business
One of the most important, if not the most important aspects of your company is your lines of business (LOB). Currently, if you are relying on on-premise software and applications to run your lines of business, you most likely realize that this is a weak point in your business model.
Your current approach is subject to:
- A technically limited project manager relying heavily on IT
- Potential errors during LOB transactions
How cloud solution integration will solve these problems:
- Project managers can easily utilize resources essential for core business projects and operations from anywhere
- More agile business leaders
- Smoother communication between employees
Unpredictable Technical Issues Suck Up Time & Money
You and your IT department have more important issues to focus on other than unexpected technical errors.
With cloud solutions you get:
- A well designed, maintained service that runs smoothly alongside your business
- Flawless system upgrades in the back-end
- You no longer require a team of IT professionals and days of downtime for maintenance
- Technical issues addressed and solved quickly and elegantly
- A tech department with more time to focus on more important issues
Tip*: Another great way moving to the cloud saves you money is on user license agreements. Traditionally, with an on-prem solutions, you would have to purchase an annual software license for each employee, even if the employee was only working with the software for 3 months. On the cloud, you can pay as you go and only pay for software when you need it!
Traditional IT Is Just Plain Slow
The reality is that traditional IT is just plain slow. Upgrades are a long, cumbersome process, whereas with cloud solutions, they are quick and painless.
What’s slow about my traditional IT?
- Backing up data and running system updates are a chore with on-premise solutions
- Disaster recovery is difficult to address and therefore can result in your business falling victim to a fatal data breach/loss, which would take an indeterminable amount of time to fix
How cloud solutions will get you up to speed:
- Backups and updates are run routinely and automatically
- Easy solutions that ensure a high level of protection for your company’s valuable data and applications
- specify which country your data is housed in (eg. USA or Canada), which may be required for compliance purposes
You Think You’re Playing It Safe, But So Is Switching To The Cloud
One of the major concerns for business owners and managers when considering migrating/merging with the cloud is the element of risk.
Are you a special case that warrants an on-premise software solution?
- With the right solution, take advantage of a risk free cloud experience where at the end of the trial, you can return to on-premise solutions without incurring additional fees.
- cloud services often offer to simply host your pre-existing software on their servers, if all you want is to delocalize your business applications.
Worried that you won’t have sufficient access to your data, or it’s security will be comprised because it now resides on the cloud?
Many aspects of your data and software’s security is actually enhanced, because you have the ability to remotely wipe data wherever you are. Furthermore,
It’s time to reconsider your reliance on traditional IT, and start considering the solutions that are helping business grow around the world.
Here at KCM Solutions we are dedicated to getting your business to perform at the level it should. We want to assist you in realizing the untapped potential of your business.
Be apart of the smartest business trend: innovation — and revamp your company migrating or merging your on-premise solutions with cloud solutions today.