Crystal Reports Environment Converted to IBM Cognos BI –Pharmaceuticals
The sales department of a major Pharmaceutical giant had a critical requirement of gathering, tracking and analyzing data.
- Utilized an outdated platform which was a mix between Cognos series 7 and Crystal reports
- Spent too much time analyzing data from different reports as each reporting tool connected to different data sources
- Wanted to implement Single Sign On (SSO) functionality with the LDAP
- Implemented a solution that was scalable and provided a recurrent overall and consolidated view of data without much intervention from IT
- Upgraded the client from IBM Cognos Series 7 to IBM Cognos 8 BI to accommodate for cross reporting on heterogeneous data from different data sources
- Converted IBM Cognos Series 7 reports to IBM Cognos 8 to preserve the business logic of existing reports
- Provided secure access to the reports via the LDAP with Single Sign On (SSO) option enabled through the web-based platform of Cognos 8
- Allowed the sales manager to focus on team sales data using the LDAP hierarchy to create dynamically filtered reports based on the user’s role in the organization
- Enabled team members to see their respective targets by using the advanced dashboarding abilities of Cognos 8.
- Centralized and single point of access to all their data
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Enhanced dashboards provided a visually appealing solution that helped user acceptance
- Time saved at arriving to specific business answers
The success of this implementation allowed other departments to consider following in the footsteps of the sales department.